Monday, March 30, 2009

1968 Lincoln Continental

far ... / From far-away my winter holidays

not never thought I'd be able to go home to this remote destination that is South Africa ... I would not have believed that everything that happened to me before leaving looks like it was impossible to leave: the unresolved issues at work and up to a terrible virus, there have been around all through my last few days home state.
Yet we left, I traveled, I got.

write this first week in Cape Town. It was a quiet week, because that's the spirit of the place and I felt full. I've had for a few rides on the ubiquitous mountains here, where my host Sue goes every morning, inevitably, along with their three dogs.

Cape Town is a huge city, very large, dominated by ocean and mountains. Sue lives in a beautiful area with large houses and gardens and more, as a residential area. In their home are, currently, some of their children, who welcomed me here on a temporary or sister who came outside to their quiet time, for nobody knows how long:)

After a week I feel part of the family, I manage to handle the house and cooking and I! It was extremely difficult to understand how these people live and still do not know if I got the real deal or just a trial from the perspective of cultural and anthropological ... In any case, I fail to detach from all those they've left home and are collected in a bag somewhere in my memory that hangs heavy in the rear. Beyond the mountains

guys are wonderful, beautiful gardens around me, beyond each sunrise with distant horizon, across the Atlantic that I admired it hitting the steep cliffs of the shores of Hout Bay, somewhere among the hundreds Fynbos plants in the universe and the incredible natural wealth of South Africa, have seen a few times day ... Romania. From thousands of miles away, passes through my soul in a way impossible. Maybe it's reminiscent of the pain that I carry inside me for 8 months when I went to Bucharest, maybe it is home sick or maybe just me certain things find their place so close to each other that is confusing. There could be things of universal nature, and then no matter what label cultural / national / linguistic gate "so to me, says mountain mountain, grass so the grass is said to me. Therefore, for me, the fountain springs, therefore, for me, life is lived. " **



I Would Have Never believed That I'll actually manage to leave home to this far-away destination which is South Africa… I would never have believed it because of everything that happened to me just before leaving: from unsolved issues at work to the flu, I’ve had it all. Still, I managed to leave, I have traveled and I arrived.

I am writing these lines after my first week in Cape Town. It has been a relaxed week, for this is the spirit of the place and I have really felt it. There was time for some walks on the mountains that are everywhere here and that my hostess, Sue, visits every morning, along with her 3 dogs.

Cape Town is a huge city, dominated by the oceans and the mountains. Sue lives in a very beautiful area, with big houses and gardens, an area of just houses. I am currently living in their house, Where I Have Been Their integrated as a member of family. It is really nice how people live here, in a relaxed SUCH Manner and so openly. I'm not sure I can really understand it or I'm just Judging from year anthropological-cultural perspective. In Any case, it is hard to actually fly away from home and all the issues I left behind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment